Today’s GK Questions (Static GK/GS) – August 27, 2019
Here are 10 GK questions for today, August 27, 2019 for various competitive exams in India.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »
1. Begram in Afghanistan was a capital of which of the following kings?
2. The first Indian woman to preside a session of Indian National Congress was__?
3. Approximately, what fraction of market capitalization of the Bombay Stock Exchange is accounted by the 30 stocks of the BSE SENSEX?
4. In the last one decade, India’s trade with Africa has been overshadowed by an aggressive trade policy by which among the following countries towards Africa ?
5. Consider the following statements:
- National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) was launched from Rabi 1999-2000 replacing the erstwhile Comprehensive Crop Insurance Scheme (CCIS)
- Only those crops which have adequate past data are included in the NAIS
- The NAIS is applicable only in defined areas for each notified crop
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
6. The Indus Valley Civilization has not been deciphered yet. Consider the following reasons:
- No knowledge about their language
- Small length of inscriptions
- Absence of bilingual texts
Which among the above is/ are correct reasons?
7. Which of the following Price Indices of India is considered for measuring ‘Headline Inflation’?
8. Which of the following is the efficiency of a Carnot engine(a = Temperature of source, b=Temperature of sink)?
9. Which was the first country in the world to legalise ‘Euthanasia’?
10. Which historical monument was built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to Bombay?