Quiz 538: General Studies for Public Services Examinations
1. Which among the following was the most important reason behind the increased debt burden in India in the last 100 years of the British Rule?
2. Consider the following:
For which among the above commodities, the peasants were forced to grow in India , making the British more and more rich?
3. Which among the following live tissues of the Human Eye does not have blood vessels?
4. From the point of view of evolution of living organisms, which of the following set of animals is a correct sequence of evolution?
5. In context with the types of Fishes found in India, which among the following is not a marine fish?
6. In context with the Indian Fauna, consider the following statements:
- The maximum number of species in India is that of Arthropods
- Butterflies Constitute 65% of Indian Fauna
- Assam is home to around 50% of India’s Butterfly species
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
7. Dhravya guna shastra, which deals with several species of medicinal plants is a part of which among the following ?
8. Who among the following leaders unsuccessfully introduced a Bill in the Imperial legislative Council to make compulsory primary education for children of 6-10 years in the British Era?
9. The efforts of which among the following leaders were successful passing of the Bombay Primary Education Act?